Rock of Ages is a family bonding experience that helps develop children’s emotional intelligence. On top of being a music program, it provides a valuable social service to an often isolated part of our community. We aim to not only fuel a love of music but to also inspire social consciousness in a fun and supportive environment.
We host a weekly jam session for the whole family at local senior residences. On top of the immediate family bonding, children socialize with seniors and help form a multi-generational musical community.
When: Wednesdays at 10am at one of our participating homes (beginning October 2).
Cost: $100/child for 10 classes.
Below are the participating locations for this program:
- Chartwell Hollandview Trail Retirement Community (200 John West Way, Aurora)
- Amica Newmarket (275 Doak Ln, Newmarket)
- The Roxborough Retirement Residence (1 Roxborough Rd, Newmarket)
- Chartwell Alexander Muir Retirement Residence (197 Prospect St, Newmarket)
- Sunrise of Aurora (3 Golf Links Dr, Aurora)
Once you register, you will be sent a schedule with locations and dates for each class.